- Adam B. – Adamo Preda the Catfolk Swashbuckler (14th)/ Rogue (3rd)
- Adam J. – Token the Catfolk Warlock (17th)
- Ben – Bondar Ironskull (Splintershield) the Dwarven Cleric (17th)
- Pete – Zartan of the Smoking Eye the Human Ranger/Rogue/Fighter (17th)
- Seth – Whisper the Human Duskblade (17th)
- Gretchen – Human Paladin (16th)
- NPC – Yakov Smirnoff the Goblin manservant (Deceased)
- NPC – Kazmuk Splintershield the Dwarven Cohort, Favored Soul (11th)
After a brief encounter with a crazed artist in a room of odd statues and a man with a jewel stuck in his forehead that tries, unsuccessfully, to talk them into joining the dark side, the party finally finds the room with the Tree of Shackled Souls.
Also within the room is a huge Demon and a smaller fat demon named Dyr’Ryd with a conjoined twin growing out of his neck. The fat demon and his twin, speaking slightly out of synch, try to convince the party it is too late and they cannot succeed without destroying themselves, Cauldron and much of the surrounding area. Little do the demons know the party has the Collar and a plan.
While the others attempt to distract the huge demon, Token flies across the room with a portable hole full of Dwarves. When they reach the tree, Bondar and Kazmuk climb out of the hole with the collar in hand. Though Dyr’Ryd tries to stop them, they are successful in collaring the tree. The energy stored within the tree that is powering the ritual starts to get siphoned off and the two demons (and ones conjoined twin) are defeated.
The party makes camp to rest and ensure the collar is not removed prematurely. They also remove desiccated bodies from the thirteen cages hung from the tree. A few of the bodies they recognize, the young boy Terrem from the orphanage, Zenith Splintershield and worst of all, Flava the Kobold. Most are laid to rest within the lava after a short religious ceremony. The rest of the night is uneventful.
Having saved Cauldron and perhaps even the prime material plane from an invasion by demons from Carceri, the party reports to Jenya, then heads to the capitol city of Sasserin to buy and sell as much loot as possible.
End of Session 34.